Each week, GBA’s Communities team will update this page with new volunteer opportunities and community resources from our partners, other local non-profits, and more to support our neighbors through COVID-19 and beyond.
- (mask) Makers PGH: With growing numbers of positive COVID-19 cases and an international shortage of face masks, local businesses and volunteer sewists are rising to the challenge to help supply this crucial protective gear.
- Light of Life Rescue Mission: Light of Life will provide a home for the homeless and food for the hungry, and will build disciples for the Kingdom of God among the poor, addicted, abused and needy.? They’re currently delivering necessities such as laptops and food and are in need of additional volunteers
- Neighborhood Resilience Project: currently working on Community Health Deputies, Telephonic Wellness Checks, Telemedicine and delivering/donating food
- Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
- Wesley Family services: email staff to make calls to seniors
- Project Love is seeking an Architect, Surveyor and Engineer to assist us in a new development project involving a 3 story mixed use building
- The EAT Initiative is currently hosting a food service donation program called “The Third Meal” where they will be providing grab and go dinner meals starting on Thursday, Friday and Saturday’s from 3 pm to 7 pm
- Spend an hour of your time engaging weekly or monthly with Seniors at the North Hills Community Outreach Center
- Prepare a virtual professional development lesson for teens in the Career Works career development program at the Boys & Girls Club of Southwestern PA – email staff member to volunteer
- Center of Adolescent and Young Adult Health at Children’s Hospital –?email staff member to volunteer
- Students who move due to outbreak precautions can get 30 days of free storage from U-Haul
- Pittsburgh Financial Empowerment Center is offering FREE financial counseling remotely
- Steel Smiling has launched a FREE virtual mental health programming and weekly virtual engagement
- Get Grab and Go lunches at East End Cooperative Ministries Daily (1215 PM – 115 PM)
- Relief loans (up to $50,000) are available through local crowdfunding investor platform, Honeycomb Credit